06 February 2009

Critical Areas Ordinance

The City Council just completed (on Thursday) the review of the final portion of the new proposed Critical Areas Ordinance (CAO) and we (on the council) received tonight a cleaned up copy of it (except for revision to the penalties section which the City Attorney will supply on Monday.) I will review it and provide a GreenGram (my nit-picking comments) to my colleagues, hopefully tomorrow so they have a chance to review them (so they can agree to them without further discussion (haha!))

When we all agree (or at least four of us) and pass this ordinance, this will complete an almost three year activity to update our existing (and very old) ordinance and bring the city into compliance with the Growth Management Act (if the state approves it.)

Since I have not been as intimately involved in this process as some of my colleagues, I am concerned that there are some other "stakeholders" (the consultant we hired, a technical committee of local residents with subject knowledge that worked on it originally, and the Planning Commission members,) who have an interest in it but may not have seen the final result of their long and arduous efforts. I am not sure what to do about my concern other than the e-mail that I sent this morning to the City Manager suggesting that they also get copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment